I already posted that the holdout juror finally responded. That was The Clancy Holdout Answered. Fugitive TV had him off camera. Ray Marcel called him Michael. I held the last name there.
This Fugitive TV cut is the follow-up. Michael called Marcel again. He hired a defamation lawyer. [VIDEO]
Over the weekend it became news that the holdout was Black. That was already in the last post. Paula Devlin told Gayle King that on CBS Mornings. King had to sit with it for a second. Some people tried to make the race the story.
Megyn Kelly got to that clip before the NY Post printed the rest.
Watch her here: [VIDEO]
I am comfortable using the full name now. The New York Post has him on the record, and more of the background that was already leaking.
Holdout juror in Lindsay Clancy mistrial, Michael P. Desronvil, speaks out for first time after intense backlash https://t.co/Qb8v28fZme pic.twitter.com/jKhHRF4ZRM
— New York Post (@nypost) September 18, 2026
Michael P. Desronvil. The paper has the abuse allegations. It has that he is a devout Catholic from a Haitian immigrant family. It has that he was facing eviction. None of that is a verdict in Plymouth.
He gave a short statement through counsel. Fellow jurors had said he admitted reasonable doubt and still would not move. He says that is not what happened in the room.
“I didn’t have any doubts. As I tried to explain different possible theories during deliberation, I kept getting cut off as if I had doubts based on the evidence present.”
“Based on all the physical evidence, key witnesses, and what the prosecution presents, I thought it was enough proof that she knew exactly what she was doing and planned.”
That is his account. The other eleven have theirs. Judge William Sullivan still has the jury list under seal. The murder charges are still open. Plymouth County still has to decide whether to try the case again.
His lawyer is now telling the cameras to stop. A dismissed charge is not a verdict. Neither is the beating. Neither is a lawyer calling him a hero. He says she planned it. That is the only sentence I need from him.
If you or someone you know is in crisis, call or text 988, the Suicide & Crisis Lifeline.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!