Like & Share

Monday, January 30, 2023

ABL: Jason Whitlock gives CONTROVERSIAL take on Tyre Nichols

 

[VIDEO] Basically he gave a crack - yes I'm calling it that - about how those police officers who beat Tyre Nichols who died 3 days after that are a sign of young black males supervised by a single Black woman. Yikes!

I'm with Anthony Brian Logan on this fatherlessness in America or you could specifically point out Black America is an issue. However, was it right to connect that issue with the beating of Tyre Nichols?

All the parties involved in this incident are Black. The police officers involved were Black and Mr. Nichols himself was Black. And beyond that and the incident itself we dont know much about the officers other than their name. Oh one more Black Memphis Police Officer has been fired from the force I just found out who was involved in the Nichols incident.

So anyway, I think if you talk to any policing expert. Let's say the people FOX News brings on in situations like this - perhaps all news outlets does this - they might say the issue in this is training. These guys weren't properly trained in use of force let's say.

Another thing to come out of this is well a lot of people aren't viewing these police officers as Black. Many just view them as part of the establishment of white supremacy. While I haven't heard much about it, I've seen some commentary that wants to establish policing as a tool of white supremacy.

And I think that's just dumb. No one wants to be mistreated by police officers but to make it somehow racial at a time where around America crime is an issue I don't understand. We need good policing not incidents like what happened to Mr. Nichols. I suppose the answer to that argument is what do we do about crime then? How do we address people who really doesn't care about the law?

Then again, I think that consideration is too logical for some people. Then it becomes America is racist, the law is racist....let me just stop.

Another thing here becomes did Whitlock in this situation put his foot in his mouth? I'll let you decide that, however, I know someone might chide him for his commentary towards single mothers. There are those who are living this in real life, so they may well get offended.

So in any event, what do you think about this? Was Whitlock's commentary wrong? What are you thoughts on the incident involving Tyre Nichols?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!