Like & Share

Tuesday, January 11, 2022

O'Reilly: More opinions than facts in today's media

 

[VIDEO] Bill O'Reilly is old school and worked for legacy media such as ABC News which used to have tight control over their content. They opted not to stray too far into opinion and just state facts, however, he highlights cable news such as MSNBC with a White House correspondent stating opinion. And then of course another White House correspondent currently working with ABC News doing the same thing. Both are commenting on the one-year anniversary of the US Capitol Insurrection.

One thing you will find from O'Reilly and others on the right is that they will claim "corporate media" owned by Disney (ABC News), Comcast (NBC News) or AT&T (CNN) for example are corrupt. They're not doing a great service to the public and they only report those facts that suit their agenda.

I wanted to write my thoughts about the pandemic just about two years in. While I don't consume much news/opinion other than for example FOX News I have more trust in them than perhaps a number of other outlets out there. I feel as if with this pandemic has caused a lot of people to freak out over something that is very survivable for those without underlying conditions.

I've always said from the outset that the responses by not only public sector (whether public health, public administrators, or even public policy) also the media as well. And it's disheartening that various media outlets have gotten extremely tribalistic to the point where I hope some of us are thinking who can we trust to give us the facts straight.

I'm not going offer an answer, I told you who I do have trust in. However the fact that perhaps it's out there than corporate media is corrupt should tell you the state of our mass communications sector.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!