Like & Share

Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Rush Limbaugh R.I.P.

 I'm sorry to say I have strayed away from his radio program over the years. There was a time I used to peruse his website almost everyday even was a 24/7 member on occasion when I could afford it. At one point in time he was one of those sources who I found credible and trusted.

The last time I heard his voice on the radio his voice was different. It wasn't that strong radio voice I had gotten used to perhaps it was because he was almost 70 years old - the age at which he had passed into the great beyond. Perhaps it was because of the illness that ultimately claimed his life - lung cancer. What I can say was that his voice in my opinion sounded different.

I was a listener when he announced that he was going into rehab for his oxycontin addiction. I vaguely remember when he was briefly employed on an ESPN NFL panel. I remember his impersonation of President Bill Clinton I think those individuals had quite a rivalry well more so Limbaugh than Clinton...

Either way I'm sorry that I hadn't listen to him more. It would've been entertaining to have heard him talk about the Obama years. And he'd have pulled his audience together during what looks to be the difficult Biden years.

Now it'll be up to other conservative voices. And now we don't just have AM talk radio for which he has a strong legacy. He have other mediums especially the internet with social media - even upstart social media like Parler which is back online now or Gab. Conservatives voices are out there and there may never be another Rush Limbaugh, however, the voices are out there and someone can fill the void that sadly he left behind with his passing.

After I found out about his demise on instagram primarily I was driving home when I heard the outpouring of love from his listeners on his longtime Chicago home WLS 890 AM. A few callers were just about in tears so his demise has affected a number of people. And I hate to report there was one troll who referred to Limbaugh as a racist and a bigot.

One commentary from me is that I really hate that those terms are really used as an attack more than it is a realistic aspect of one's personality.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!