Like & Share

Saturday, October 17, 2020

A Republican & Democrat fair tax IL ad

 

[VIDEO] This is America and whether or not you disagree or agree with a subject at least we can hold our views. We don't have to go strictly along party lines. For some reason this ad bothers me.

I've mentioned this on occasion recently that Illinois voters will vote on a constitution amendment to allow the state to levy a tax on income according to thier particular income level. This "fair tax" is advertised here as an income tax hike on the rich and a huge tax cut for those who aren't wealthy.

What's amazing to me is that they got two men one Republican and one Democrat from two different Illinois cities to make this ad. I wonder if they found two actual voters or they have actors reciting lines. I can't really believe a Republican is OK with this idea of taxing the rich and believing he might get a tax cut out of it. But then who knows, I'll let you decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!