Like & Share

Saturday, February 23, 2008

"New Coke Vs. Classic Coke" with William Perry & Jim McMahon

Those were the days weren't it? This commercial aired January of 1986 and at that time the Bears were either on their way to the Super Bowl or they were already there. And there was a "new" Coke in town. Well I don't want to go back and forth on whether Coke or Coca-Cola was better. I'm much too young for that.

Needless to say "Refrigerator" Perry is definitely not in need of a case of Cokes to fill his refrigerator. It's more likely to be Coca-Cola Classic. Not just that it isn't very healthy to go thru a case of Coca-Cola anyway.

What a throwback either way. I certainly don't remember cans looking like that. These days though I'm more used to these "hospital" pops that I might find in my refrigerator. In addition to these normal sized pop cans you can find these "hospital" sizes in your local grocery store or perhaps at Wal-Mart or Target.

BTW, "hospital sizes are roughly half the sizes of a regular can of Coca-Cola and I was told not too long ago that they were so called because they were served in hospitals. Interesting.

Another video throwback courtesy of the online Chicago TV museum FuzzyMemories.TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!