Like & Share

Saturday, December 29, 2007

I went to The Plaza today

You might know this place as Evergreen Plaza in a suburb of Evergreen Park on 95th and Western. This place has gone thru many changes over the years. They no longer have a two tier parking deck, a movie theater, and some of the stores have left (such as Walgreen's, Montgomery Ward's, or Circuit City to name a few) but the mall is still moving forward. Oh yeah why do I mention this.

I went today for the first time since there was a Christmas tree fire before the holidays. I went there and there was an area sectioned off with some dark plastic curtains (or I could call them hefty bags) where I will assume the fire started. The mall was closed for a time, but it's open now at least. Stores are open and I will assume they did decent business before Christmas. I am certainly glad that the fire didn't become widespread or at least no lives were lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!