Like & Share

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Presidential library seeking loan of race riot material

I saw this article via The Eleventh Hour blog that is based in Springfield, Illinois the state capitol.

What was offered in this post was more of a critique I thought. It only served to bring attention these riots back in 1908 but the criticism was that this is being conducted by the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and that this is too narrow a purpose for them. I suppose it could be argued that this event is more inline with the history of Springfield than it is for the 16th President of the United States.

In some respects I would agree. Though I could say it's great that the presidential library would spearhead this, but this event in and of itself has nothing to do with Abe Lincoln. The only way it could be is because Springfield is the hometown of the "Great Emancipator".

My other posts
Springfield to comemmorate the 1908 race riots
Students to Install Exhibit on 1908 Springfield Race Riots on Friday, August 3
Springfield Race Riot of 1908 from the Illinois Channel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!