Like & Share

Sunday, May 13, 2007

I was watching NBC this afternoon and...

I was just thinking how far NBC Sports has fallen. It seems for awhile they didn't know what to do with themselves after not only losing the NFL in the early 1990s but eventually losing the NBA within the last 5 or so years. Yeah they've gotten the NHL and NFL back but something's still missing.

Yeah I could have watched the Kentucky Derby and after this it appears golf is coming next. Still I wonder how far have the fallen to cover some poker championships. My definition of sports are funny but I never thought of poker as a sport. And please understand this is not a knock at those who play poker to win and generally do win a lot of money.

My problems with watching sports on TV is just magnified watching the play by play of the poker championships this afternoon. Or maybe not sports but news in general, especially watching the 24/7 cable news channels. Just a lot of over analysis and no only that but the hype. Too many sports cliches like "you've gotta want it more."

Still I may not be liking this but I do wonder why I'm still watching this right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!