Like & Share

Saturday, May 26, 2007

I was just looking at a Russ Stewart column right now

I want to note something, and I think it's a bold prediction...
7th Ward (South Chicago): Bill Beavers, who has been a committeeman since 1984, was an alderman from 1983 to 2006. When he resigned to become a county commissioner, Daley appointed his daughter, Darcel, as alderman. But she lost big to Sandi Jackson, the wife of U.S. Representative Jesse Jackson Jr., by a margin of 6,462-3,703. Expect Beavers to lose for committeeman in 2008 and for commissioner in 2010.
I think I can possibly see Beavers defeated for 7th Ward Democratic Committeeman, but he loses his commissioner's seat. I wonder what's Stewart's justification for it. I get the idea that people don't care about the Cook County Board of Commissioners enough to want to get ride of Beavers.

It's a long shot, but who knows people might still be upset at him for his role in installing Todd Stroger as a replacement on the ballot for his father John Stroger. I wonder if voter have long memories. Indeed last year during the time they was negotiating how to get Stroger to replace his father, there was a lot of cynical ideas going about.

Hmmm, if Stewart's prediction is going to be true this can only mean that the Beavers machine is falling hard and quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!