Like & Share

Monday, May 10, 2010

Instalanche!!!! :o

Yeah remember what I said about Instapundit on Sunday? Well I had to wait a few hours for the excitment of my FEEDJIT Live Traffic feed. I checked my feed for an hour and saw the activity from Glenn Reynolds' link to my post about America falling behind the mobile calling curve.

An "instalanche" is a portmanteau of Instapundit and avalanche. It is a euphemism for an increase in traffic due to a popular site, such as Instapundit, linking to your website.

Thank you for your eyes on Sunday night and your comments. I hope you do stick around because you're always welcome.

The thrill of this only matches being noticed by Rich Miller, Illinois' top state political blogger back in 2006! Although I can only guess that receiving an Instalanche resulted in more page views than I got in 2006.

On that here are a couple of links of note on instalanches. Perhaps you're reading this blog and you want to see what happens when it happens to you. ;)
Oh for that second link. It's almost 7 years old, but prolly still relevant. I had no real strategy although to be sure I've linked to Instapundit many times over the years!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!