Like & Share

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Ald. Tom Allen on Public Affairs

The Alderman of the 38th Ward is running for Cook County State's Attorney interviewed by Jeff Berkowitz. Berkowitz has also interviewed Ald. Howard Brookins of the 21st Ward and Cook County Commissioner Larry Suffredin. I wrote about those two progams last week.

I suppose I was on a guns trip when I discussed those programs last week. I like Allen's response to the gun question. This is what should be pursued in the first place. Go after those illegal guns on the streets. Find out who's selling these weapons to the criminals on the streets. Perhaps legal gun shops aren't the issue no more than a responsible gun owner. He didn't say that he'd support more laws, but he would support more sting operations to go after the illegal guns sold on the streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!