Like & Share

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Yesterday...

I went to Borders last night in Beverly. I bought a couple of items that interested me for a while. Yesterday was key because this was the last day to take advantage of the 30% off on only one item. This would have cost me a lot of change if I didn't have the 30%.

The first item I bought was ECW: One Night Stand. A PPV that I had missed out on back in June so then I bought the DVD version. I watched it until about 1:30 in the morning and I just loved it. It was a bit watered down for my taste but other than the blatant rip off and variation of the original ECW entrance themes of the many stars the action was as much as I truly wanted. The production values was much better but it was no doubt thanks to this being an actual WWE production. If this was truly an ECW event, the background would have been dark and not as well lighted. Well some of this was inconsequential the action was exactly what I was looking for and I'd reccomend this for the wrestling fan in your family.

The second item I bought was a book by journalist Bernard Goldberg. He has aslo written books on the MSM (mainstream media) titled Bias and Arrogance. This new book, 100 People Who Are Screwing Up America, takes a look at those individuals who aren't exactly doing a great service to America. He may either lump these individuals under categories like he has for the many air headed celebrities out there and then some individuals such as Al Sharpton, Maxine Waters, Howard Dean, etc. From what I read this looks like a good read, it's too bad I'm not exactly a voracious reader so hopefully I'll have something to report to you eventually.

I know this book is probably old news. There was some publicity for this book over the summer of this year. Then again so was ECW: One Night Stand. I made two great purchases last night.

1 comment:

Chuck Williams said...

I just did a review on One Night Stand. Check it out

http://fatboywrestling.blogspot.com/2005/12/confessions-of-ecw-virgin.html

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!