Like & Share

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Capitol Fax: Question of the Day

A lot of good thoughts as to whether Illinoisians should vote on having a constitutional convention over at The Capitol Fax. Many of the commentors stole my answers to what should be considered at another constitutional convention. Here's what prompted it and I will agree...
Next year, voters will get the chance to cast their ballots for or against calling a state constitutional convention.

I usually don’t express my opinion on QOTDs, but I’m heavily leaning towards the idea. Unless you’re a fan of gridlock, the system sure appears to be broken. It’s too easily dominated by powerful players with axes to grind. Individual legislators have few, if any, rights, and they too easily give up whatever they have. The list goes on and on.
If you want to chime in please do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!