Like & Share

Thursday, March 22, 2018

Shane Douglas "shoots" on Dixie Carter of Impact Wrestling

[VIDEO] I had to throw in that extra bit of information not the late Dixie Carter of the TV series designing women, the Dixie Carter who was a personality in Impact (formerly TNA - Total Nonstop Action) Wrestling. Carter had money behind her to take Impact to the next level and she had some good perfomers for the product probably thanks to the man who actually founded the promotion WWE Hall of Famer Jeff Jarrett. Regardless what does ECW's Franchise say about her well she was clueless.

His advice spot on in fact trying to be more like WWE - err WWF - is what killed World Championship Wrestling. I stopped watching WCW when I began to see their presentation almost certainly resembling WWF. Why watch WWF-lite when I could watch the WWF itself?

His kicker, well TNA - err Impact - shouldn't be like WWF or anyone else they have to become TNA. There's a reason why fans still chant ECW on occasion. Of course Dixie dismisses this because in 2001 Extreme Championship Wrestling went defunct due to finances. That's not to say ECW didn't have an amazing run which forced the two main wrestling companies of the 1990s to change up their game.

I haven't seen Impact since they changed networks - they were formerly on Spike TV now Paramount Network. It interested me because it offered something different particularly an octagon wrestling ring. However, were there some aspects of the presentation that frustrated me yeah. They made the same mistakes WCW made which was to poach WWF talent and I'm not talking about Macho Man or Hulk Hogan or Kevin Nash who appeared on their programming on occasion in past.

Regardless while I never had opportunity to truly get to know product what I did hope for was in some way TNA could become the new WCW. They had some  former WCW talents working their programs. I won't characterize it as a failure, unfortunately it wasn't a success either. My understanding as of now is that Impact is even behind another organization Ring of Honor. And unfortunately other than short videos via YouTube, I never really had the opportunity to follow their product either!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!