Like & Share

Thursday, September 10, 2015

To better oneself

A friend of mine once noted that I tended to dwell on things. Not long ago I dwelled on a job that wasn't destined to hire me. Indeed that company was destined for trouble.

I dwelled on the disappointment because it was thought of as a winner and it wasn't. It took me time to really get over it and you know other disappointments followed. It was easy to deal with, but it was also easy to dwell on them also. Though not as much as I had that initial opportunity.

Almost two years after that experience another opportunity opened up for me. It was probably far better in the long term and while it came after interviewing at the job I ultimately accepted, it was exciting. It was possible I got too excited, but this one caught me by surprise.

In the meanwhile I landed where I am now, and things have been going well. I can get caught up on some bills. Saving up more cash, and generally somewhat more happier that I have been in a long time.

Could things change in the future, of course. Perhaps the good times don't last, but you enjoy them while you have them. It's been quite a while that I've had good news and in my current role I'm running into them.

That being said, it's OK to remember the past. I dwell on it too with past relationships, but ultimately it can weigh you down. At some point you must move on, because chances are others have. We have no choice there are other issues will come up that you must deal with. At some point you have finish the chapter and move on to the next.

BTW, hopefully I can expand on that surprising opportunity in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!