Like & Share

Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Minimum wage in Chicago is now $10/hr

Before this past mayoral election the city council passed a minimum wage ordinance which mandates an increase by 2019 to $13/hour. Today minimum wage went up to $10/hr...

If I had stayed at one of my last jobs I'd have made it to $10, but thankfully I got a bit of a headstart and exceeded it by changing jobs. Still my feelings are mixed as to whether this incremental increase of the minimum wage in Chicago is truly a good idea.

It kind of sucks that there are some jobs as the one I once held refused to raise wages until a government decided to raise the minimum. It could be bad business but I've never had to be concerned with payroll!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!