Like & Share

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Been listening to podcasts...

Lately I've been into listening to podcast hosted by former pro-wrestling personalities. If you've been reading this blog for a long time there are often times that pro-wrestling is a subject. It's clear that I am a fan.

These days I'm just a casual fan of this "sport". It's not always possible for me to watch every single episode and not only that there's probably more to that world than WWE. There's TNA and there's Ring of Honor although for the time being I have lost track of both.

Right now I'm listening to former WWE Raw play-by-play Jim Ross or "JR" talking to former WWE champ Bret "The Hitman" Hart. Whether it's Jim Ross or "Stone Cold" Steve Austin it's cool to listen to them talk about wrestling and the business itself.

Once upon a time, a pipe dream of mine was to become a pro-wrestler. Of course that means you'd have to have an athleticism that I just don't have. While this "sport" is generally considered "fake" they do get injured. The risks wrestlers take with their bodies during their matches they're bound to get injured.

On a lot of these podcasts we hear a lot about the inside part of the business. Anything we hear about wrestling we should have one term in our heads - booking. Booking can make or break a star in that if a star has a good or worthy opponent then that star looks good.

In some of these podcasts we hear about how wrestlers get along with other wrestlers. We hear about how they got their starts in the business and the psychology of it all. We get the sense of how much of a performance art wrestling really is.

I look forward to listening to more from Stone Cold, JR, or now Chris Jericho as I have subscribed to all of their podcasts. What wrestling stories will I hear from any of them in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!