Like & Share

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Old TV nostalgia...

[VIDEO] Last night before I went to bed for some reason my interest led to me the old sitcom Roseanne. Then it hits me how much TV I watched with my mother. Roseanne was one of her favorite programs.

Then I remembered other series that she liked such as Hill Street Blues, LA Law, Cagney & Lacey, Simon & Simon, Golden Girls or even M*A*S*H. SO basically TV series of the 1980s and early 1990s. Well by the time I became aware of M*A*S*H it was the 1990s and in reruns.

Ah, M*A*S*H...well some of the series listed above I'm not sure you can count me as a fan. Been years since I've ever seen Roseanne aside from the intro you see above. Also been years since I've seen M*A*S*H, and that's a show that over the years I've often seen in reruns over and over again.

Funny thing is that I've essentially became a fan of the movie MASH which in some respects the TV series of the same name was based - actually both were based on a novel. My mother unfortunately would say she hasn't been able to get into the movie and likely remains a fan of the series.

Either way this posting is one of nostalgia. The shows of the past that we now see in reruns were once popular and enjoyed long runs when they originally aired. Now it's like where has these shows been?

Early in the last decade some of these shows I became a fan of because they were rerun on some of these cable networks especially LA Law. Dallas - another of my mother's favorites programs - I became a fan of because reruns once aired on the network that ultimately became Spike.

Even though there's some good TV on today - save at least for any "reality" based programming. Now I miss the shows that sort of made up my childhood and at least before I started taking command of the remote. Although some of those shows were very adult for me it hits me that it's been years since I've actually seen them on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!