Like & Share

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Marion Barry has passed away


You know I thought of the late former Washington, DC Mayor Marion Barry as a useless politico. I've seen a number of tributes to him as controversial but lauding his contributions.

It's still easy for me to judge him for what brought him out of office which was him getting caught taking a hit of crack in a hotel room. Also I remember him on Meet the Press sweating over the issues that were pressing the nation's capital city. It didn't leave me with a good impression.

So as of this moment, I need to take stock of his legacy people are talking about. What I can say is that after his last term as Mayor, DC is certainly a different city now that's changing more and more. In addition until his death he served on the Washington, DC city council.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!