Like & Share

Thursday, April 10, 2014

So CBS "Late Show" now has a new host

This announcement a week after David Letterman announced his retirement surprised me. Not that I perused all the media speculating on whom CBS wanted to replace Letterman sometime next year. I heard Craig Ferguson and John Stewart but never Stephen Colbert.

Stephen Colbert? Really? Well it's in the news now so yeah, it appears he'll be the next one making moves on late-night on broadcast TV.

Just like Stewart who hosts Comedy Central's The Daily Show, Colbert is known for his TV program also airing on Comedy Central - The Colbert Report - where he plays a faux-conservative. I'm not a regular watcher of Colbert but it was OK some of the times I have seen it.

Anyway Colbert will now have to host not as a character, but as himself. He won't be much different than the other late night hosts from Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel, Conan O'Brien, Craig Ferguson, Seth Meyers, or even Arsenio Hall. What will Colbert bring that will make his mark on late night TV?

I shall look forward to Late Show with Stephen Colbert.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!