Like & Share

Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Didn't I say this particular store would be a Whole Foods?

255 E. Grand Ave in early Feb. 2014
For some reason I liked going to this Dominick's store in the Streeterville neighborhood. Unfortunately like the many Dominick's stores in the Chicago area it was closed when parent company Safeway decided to close those stores. Many of these stores have been bought up by other grocery chains such as Jewel-Osco another local chain although owned by a not-so-local corporation.

In any event this particular store would be a great location for a Whole Foods Market and it's in the news that they indeed snatched this and other former Dominick's locations up recently. It was kind of alluded to in earlier reports that I blogged about. Still it's certainly good news.

Another thing I've considered however, is that it seems Whole Foods have been aggressively expanding - including a future store in the impoverished Englewood neigborhood -  to the point in which I would be concerned about over saturation. Perhaps I'm only exaggerating that in my mind, but in this part of town there's another Whole Foods store in the nearby Gold Coast neighborhood. Who knows perhaps that already established store may be closed at some point in the future.

In any case I do look forward to visiting this future Whole Foods especially if I'm strolling around in downtown Chicago or at least the area of the Magnificient Mile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!