Like & Share

Friday, March 18, 2011

Making a record of traversing the Chicago L

There's a Briton in town seeking to stop at all of the CTA's 144 "L" stops according the CTA Tattler blog. Then I was alerted to an FB group for those who had actually traversed the L system in the shortest amount of time. And according to that page it was roughly three hours.

As of January of this year, I have traversed all of the CTA rail lines. Athough I didn't do it in three hours. I have only done it within the last 12 years.

In 1998 I took the Blue Line all the way to O'Hare. In 1999, I not only took the Red Line from 95th all the way to Howard, but also took the Purple Line to Linden. Also I took the Blue Line to both 54th/Cermak & Forest Park. Also in 1999 I departed from both 63rd/Ashland and 63rd/Cottage Grove on the Green Line to travel downtown.

In 2001, I took the Orange Line all the way to Midway and back to the loop. In 2006 I took the Brown Line all the way to Kimball and also the Green Line to Harlem/Lake. I took the Purple Line express on the way to a temp job in Evanston in early 2008. Also in 2009, I took a ride on the Pink Line to 54/Cermak. Finally in 2011 I took the Yellow Line to Skokie.

If I was to do all that again it wouldn't take me roughly 12 years, but I'm not going to make a world-record time about it either. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!