Like & Share

Saturday, October 17, 2009

CNN on the new student dress code at Morehouse


I've seen this policy. One dubious point on this policy is regarding the wearing of women's clothing on campus. I've seen that on campus before I left and well it bothered a lot of young men down there.

I know there are many who see this policy as singling out gay males. Not all gay males wear women's clothing. Those who don't will not be affected by this policy. Many of them know how to dress in male clothing.

Of course we can always go back to the common refrain regarding how urban young males dress. They wear oversized clothing jackets, shirts and pants that sag where you can see their undergarments. Of course this has likely been a complained ever since this became the trend and it didn't start yesterday. It started around the time I became a freshman in high school in the 1990s. I'm sure there were many who saw this trend and thought it would be over in years, but now we see that it continues.

Anyway I don't have a big problem with the dress code. I would've adhered to it on even my worst days. But does anyone reading this blog believe this policy to be discriminatory to anyone? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!