Like & Share

Thursday, September 03, 2009

Spelmanite killed by stray bullet

I just found out about this morning. I quickly Googled her name and found this article.

In incidents like this the story is rarely very different. Someone got mad and decided to pull out their weapon then started firing at random. It doesn't matter what reason, what matters is the knucklehead with the gun decided to use this gun in this fashion.

The result 19-year-old Spelman student Jasmin Lynn was murdered early this morning by a stray bullet by this individual with poor impulse control! She became another victim of senseless urban violence.

I'm not trying to retrace Ms. Lynn's steps. Accounts indicate that she was close to Woodruff Library on her way back to Spelman's campus. I was often at the library but rarely late, but if I had remained at Morehouse I would be there to witness the various after effects of this incident.

What's tragic was because of poor conflict resolution it resulted in the death of an innocent bystander. To be sure there have been shootings around that campus before and students have been killed in the West End neighborhood where the AUC resides. I just hope that there won't be anymore tragedies like these and will take the lives of any students who goes to school there.

EDIT: I also forgot to note that the semester is only a week and a half old. It's very unfortunate that the semester starts off in this way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!