Like & Share

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hmm, how do I get these?

Perhaps two days after I wrote about Illinois' Lt. Governorship, I get an e-mail from a Republican candidate for Lt. Governor:
For Immediate Release
July 20, 2009


State Representative Dave Winters Announces Candidacy for Lieutenant Governor

Rockford, IL (July 20, 2009) - After six weeks of testing the waters with an exploratory committee, State Representative Dave Winters plans to announce a bid for Illinois Lieutenant Governor Wednesday, July 22.

Rep. Winters formed an exploratory committee seeking advice and backing from colleagues of the Illinois House and Senate, as well as congressman, community and business leaders. "I'd like to thank my exploratory committee members for their counsel and support through this process; without their unyielding encouragement I wouldn't have such a strong agenda for job growth and reform in Illinois," Winters said.

Press Conferences will be held at the following locations:

   . 9:30 am - Chicago (Union League Club, 65 W. Jackson Blvd.)
   . 11:45 am - Champaign (Flight Star at University of Illinois' Willard Airport)
   . 1:30 pm - Springfield (Capitol Press Room)
   . 3:15 pm - Peoria (Peoria International Airport, Lower Conference Room)
   . 5:00 pm - Rockford (Greater Rockford Airport, Observation Court)
You can see a PDF version here!

Well I know how I get these. I've been in the bloggosphere or "Blogginois" for quite a while. Statewide attention and distribution through many blogs such as Illinoize or Capitol Fax. That's to name a couple of places oh yeah the good folks at Gaper's Block as well. ;)

The CapFax provides this interview with Rep. Winters just before he announced on Monday that he's running for Lt. Governor. He talked about flying on a plane and suffering a mechanical failure. He is a pilot anyway, but I'll let him tell his story.


BTW, this is already old news to many people but I had to offer some of my thoughts on it. If you represent someone who's running for Lt. Gov, I don't mind if you hand a press release my way. Or if you like to comment on any statewide race in Illinois, this is one place you can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!