Like & Share

Sunday, May 03, 2009

Been a while since I browsed at flickr

Since I no longer have a Pro account there I really don't look anymore.

To be sure I only enjoyed it because it was free with my DSL package. When I got DSL at home in 2007 it was bundled with services from Yahoo. Flickr is a Yahoo service and with my DSL thru AT&T I could get most of the services provided by Yahoo.

Before I switched my Flickr account from a simple Yahoo account to AT&T account I utilized Yahoo Photos which eventually was phased out. Just as it was annouced recently that GeoCities is going to be phazed out eventually. Heh I see a trend GeoCities and AOL Hometown are going by the wayside these days.

Anyway I posted a pic that I found on Flickr today at The Sixth Ward and there are going to be more. It almost makes me want to post more pictures and then get a Pro account although now I have to pay for it. I indicated already that I was basically going to refuse to pay for something I originally got for free with the only benefits being that I can have all of my photosets and all of my pics available for viewing.

Anyway I would like to browse more and step up my photography game. I look forward to the day that I can get me a real camera, because all I have at this point is a simple point & shoot camera. It does the job. but using an SLR camera would be the dream at this point. If I'm good then hpefully my pictures would pay for a Flickr account.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!