Like & Share

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Bugs Bunny & Tweety Show

I like YouTube, I can see videos for the sake of nostalgia. Usually the nostalgia is of things that I missed out on. I'm like what was I doing that I never saw this or that or appreciated this or that.

It's somewhat how I am about the Bugs Bunny & Tweety Show. I was always a WB cartoon fan especially Looney Tunes, but this show I never really watched. I remember the overture, but I didn't get beyond the show. Indeed I had other opportunities to watch Bugs Bunny and crew or at least so I thought.

Once upon a time old cartoons could be found on TV during the afternoons. Now everything is current it could be on the broadcast stations or on cable. Getting older I find that most of the cartoons that air today doesn't interest me.

Oh what I'd give for some Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, Looney Tunes, Woody Woodpecker, Popeye, or even Tom & Jerry today. They're luxuries now and todays children have other programs to watch and those who are my age well we wonder what kids are watching these days and consider them crap compared to what we watched.

Anyway who knows why I never watched this show back in the day. I may never have interested me or it was too early in the morning or I was watching something else. At least I can always see a YouTube version of this TV program's opening.

BTW, I understand that beyond shelling out some cash to see these old cartoons of Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies you're hardpressed to see those cartoons anymore. When I saw that info, I thought that was a mistake although I somewhat understand it. Perhaps these days the old WB cartoons have truly fallen out of style although one day people will really want to see them again. For right now, however there's always Cartoon Network. The only place for not to watch some of these classic cartoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!