Like & Share

Monday, January 12, 2009

Conan O'Brien heading to The Tonight Show

I've always dreamed of going to New York City and going to a TV taping. I was a big David Letterman fan although may tastes have changed over the years where I don't even watch his Late Show anymore. These days I consider myself a big Conan O'Brien fan and I look forward to following him from Late Night to Tonight!

I must admit though I'm not so sure of his replacement Jimmy Fallon. I remember him on SNL, but nothing about him strikes me as impressive. He had a movie with Queen Latifah, Taxi and I do believe that bombed at the box office a few years ago. Then again I wasn't sure about Late Night when Conan O'Brien took over for David Letterman. Of course I was much younger back then perhaps a little young to be watching such programming.

Now O'Brien is going to the Tonight Show and I don't think the show will be in worse hands. I already know of O'Brien's work so I'm sure we'll see some of the same bits with new bits as he moves from Manhattan to Burbank. In addition I still dream of watching a TV taping, but this time it'll have to be another trip to Los Angeles. I can still go to New York and watch Letterman for the time being at least, but I better be quick.

Anyway I do remember on my last vacation to LA, we were at Universal Studios theme park and there was some microphones up for Jay Leno's Tonight Show. This was back in 2005 and I do believe the mics were set up for a segment of "Jay Walking" where Leno, our gracious host, stopped everyday people and asked them random questions. Often it seems the most clueless answer gets put onto TV.

Well if you want to know where this is coming from check out this blog post by Phil Rosenthal of the Tribune. I missed his column where he talked to Conan during his visit to Chicago. This post we get to see a lot of thoughts by O'Brien as he discusses the TV business and where he would like to take The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien. It's very interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!