Like & Share

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Illinois State Senator (and Rev) Meeks next under the Obama bus?

Via Bill Baar.

Rev. James Meeks is a pastor at Salem Baptist Church and also a state senator on the far south side of Chicago. He is a super delegate for Obama as well. As a minister he certainly has some strong views, but that's not to say they don't give people pause.

Among those clips you might find from him is one where he talked about being racially profiled leaving his church one night I chronicled that here a few years ago. Apparently some of his comments got him onto Hannity & Colmes although personally Meeks should find himself on O'Reilly. O'Reilly may be a hot head but I think he's a lot fairer (I think I hear some boos already).

I was going to predict how much traction this will get, but it's not worth it. We'll have to see what happens with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!