Like & Share

Monday, June 30, 2008

Eye on Chicago: Chicago Shakespeare Theater

Heh, I don't know how I missed this segment. A few years ago I had an opportunity to go to this theater located on Navy Pier but things just didn't work out. I was in school at the time and we was on the unit on Shakespeare's A Mid Summer's Night Dream and the professor at the time offered tickets to see the play. I never partook in that although I hoped that I could find some matinée tickets and just never made a purchase.

I heard that the stage was designed to get the audience into the action. The professor said that he wanted to yell out and see if the actors would respond to him. I recall him mentioning that this was appropriate in Shakesphere's day but certainly not considered acceptable today. I wonder if he ever made good on his promise.

Visit their official website here!

That segment I mentioned from Channel 2 aired June 15th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!