Like & Share

Friday, February 01, 2008

Since today is the day to talk about Black newspapers

As I noted with the Chicago Defender today, MyUrbanReport is going to dedicate Black history month to a paper called The Freedom Journal. Go over there to read what Amani Channel has to say, but know this Freedom Journal is considered the very first Black newspaper in the country. There again as we saw with the Defender was their a comparion between bloggers today and those who founded small independent newspapers (as the Defender and Freedom Journal were) back then.

Over the weekend I intend to do some education related posts. Yeah every February I do some HBCU type posts and this month will be no different. I have a couple ready to go but a third I'm getting to work on. I hope that it inspires someone that reads it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!