Like & Share

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Preamble of the US Constitution

Many years ago as I fufilled my requirements to graduate from the 8th Grade many years ago one of the things I had to do was pass Public Law 194. That means that I had to take a test on the US Constitution and the Illinois Constitution. That's the one thing that helped spark my interest in politics. I passed both with flying colors.

Anyway one of things I did for more points towards the test on the US Constitution was recite the Preamble. With some practice and memorization and repetition I did it flawlessly. I can't do it anymore though, but when I did it it didn't take but maybe 5-10 seconds.

So here's the preamble to the Constitution...

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
I just found the Constitution at the website of the National Archives. I figured it might be interest to you. Of course note that the Constitution and the Bill of Rights are listed separately. The rest of the amendments beyond the Bill of Rights you may have to find elsewhere, like here. Of course if you do a Google search you can find many sites that host the text of the Constitution.

Oh and I want to see the actual copy of it one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!