Like & Share

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Reality TV

This morning I was watching a reality show on VH1 called Charm School. I saw some girl named Larissa "expelled" because she just had too much attitude and proved to be a backstabber and a generally horrible friend. Her mouth got her in trouble and so did her attitude. If any guy is out there thinking about giving her a "holla", they'd better be careful with her. A guy could get himself in trouble fooling with her.

Anyway, I generally hate reality TV. Well except for this show coming back Monday night, Hell's Kitchen.

I can't wait this show premiered in 2005 and that first season ruled. I didn't see too much of the second season, but it was a show I still tuned in each week I was able. This show is the American Idol or Apprentice of cooking. And like the first week weeks of American Idol, especially during the auditions before going to Hollywood, the contestants get humiliated.

You know I hate to say I like that part, but you know I think that's why some people go to American Idol even if they don't have talent. Pretty much just to be on TV even if their self-respect goes down a notch. I think it's a little different with Hell's Kitchen.

Chef Gordon Ramsey's personality seems to have this ability to humiliate his apprentices in waiting when they make stupid mistakes in the kitchen. One of the promos I saw had a grown man crying and it wouldn't be too hard to believe that Ramsey made him cry. Other than that he's his usual cranky and vulgar chef looking for cooking excellence.

That food does look good too. I just wouldn't want to have to go up to the kitchen or anybody in any of Ramsey's restaurants attempting to make a complaint that there's something wrong with my plate or that the kitchen is taking too long with my order. Oh yeah did I mention he will snap at his customers too. I don't know whether that's good for customer service or not, but it's sure great entertainment.

Oh yeah, I won't be tuning in regularly for Charm School. On the surface it looks like a WB/CW type reality series, but whether it airs there or on the big four networks, it really seems like a lame concept. Like most of the reality series out there barring The Apprentice, American Idol, Survivor, Big Brother, or even America's Next Top Model. Although I'll have to admit that I generally don't watch those programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!