Like & Share

Thursday, April 19, 2007

There are a lot of stories about the runoff from Tuesday

I really would like to list them all and maybe I still will. There is a lot to talk about from campaign managers, to why some of these incumbents lost, to even the role labor has played in the Chicago municipal election, and the role they will play when these Aldermen-elect take office this year. You just have to like this new air of fresh faces.

I can always be cynical and ask how long will it take for these fresh faces to be a part of the machine, but I won't. I think I'll keep my optimism. There are a lot of serious problems to be addressed in many of the city neighborhoods and I hope they will be addressed.

Howard Brookins is still the Alderman of the 21st ward and I expect that he will continue to develop his ward. The new faces in my wards of interest 2nd, 3rd, 7th, 15th, 16th, & 24th wards are where I'd really like to see where the new Alderman are going to take their wards. I liked it when I heard that Ald.-elect Sandi Jackson said that she wanted a Neimann Marcus in her 7th Ward (South Shore/South Chicago). I can always be a doubting Thomas, but that's vision.

Hopefully the new aldermen in those wards and other wards that will have new Aldermen will avoid the mistakes of the people they defeated. Hopefully they won't ignore their constituents as the incumbent they have beaten have. Hopefully if the ward is truly struggling they can be aggressive in making a change in their ward for the better.

A lot of things to consider with this new city council and I for one am looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!