Like & Share

Monday, February 26, 2007

Will coach Smith get a contract extension???

I was reading this article in Chicagoist this morning about Lovie Smith. Some guy around campus stopped me to talk some football. I am much better at looking at the business side of sports than I am about all the technicalities. I was asking myself if Lovie Smith's contract was up.

Anyone listening to this guy, I had no idea that Smith wasn't paid very well especially for the success he brought to the Bears in the last two seasons. I guess when the Bears offered him a contract they may not have anticipated this. Then again Smith was never an NFL head coach. For guiding the Bears to the Super Bowl though he probably should be offered a bonus as well as a contract extension with more money.

BTW, while you're at it read this article about the electric rates. The one thing the Illinois House is going to meet as a Committee of the Whole on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!