Like & Share

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Math Education: An Inconvenient Truth



I've been wanting to post this for a while since I first found this. This highlights this thing called New Math. They didn't teach me this when I was in high school and it seems very much more complicated than how it was when I was one of these young bucks going to school learning this for the first time.

I hope this isn't what they're teaching kids in the Chicago Public Schools, but I do know that if my kids are having problems with math and it's because of this I might question their teacher's methods. I don't know, I don't have any kids yet. But I do know some of you who read this blog do have kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!