Like & Share

Monday, February 12, 2007

Lincoln's birthday!!!

Today is Lincoln's Birthday. I didn't realize this was a holiday in Chicago because it's been years since I ever had that day off. It's not a federal holiday but apparently the local schools, and state and local offices are closed today.

If you want to know more about the 16th President who presided over the Civil War and helped start the process of ending slavery and reunify the county I suggest you check out AmericanPresidents.org where they did a profile of President Lincoln. I must say how appropriate given that his name has been evoked many times during the momentous occasion of Sen. Obama's Presidential announcment.

Check out PowerLine as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!