Like & Share

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Today is February 1st you know what that means???

It's Black History month and I've been anticipating this for a while.

Every February I try to do more black history related posts than I normally would. For the most part, I have talked about the HBCU (Historically Black College or University). Perhaps some other tidbits (for instance I discussed the black nation anthem and the black pledge of allegiance). Of course what I might cover are basic things that might be covered in any trivia show particulary the game shows that highlight black history known as Know Your Heritage.

Still black history is being made all the time. We are going to see two black coaches in the Super Bowl this year. Barack Obama is making a serious run for the Presidency or is expected to. Last year 6 blacks were running for statewide offices in the states of Tennessee, Maryland, Mississippi, Massachusettes, Ohio, and I guess I can include Illinois (with Jesse White running for re-election as the Secretary of State). With only one winner who is currently the Governor of Massachusettes.

So what can I come up with this year. Well let's see what the creative juices have in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!