Like & Share

Monday, October 30, 2006

Check out the old state capitol in Springfield, Illinois

The Illinois Channel tours the old state capitol building in Springfield. Used between 1839 and 1876, this was first built when the state government moved from Vandalia to Springfield in 1840. A lot of links here to President Abraham Lincoln and his rival Stephen Douglas. This is a great program. I should find my way down to Springfield one of these days. Hopefully soon, never had a visit there.

BTW, when I mentioned Illinois Channel to you earlier this month the executive director Terry Martin stopped by to post a comment. So I'd like to thank him for stopping by. This was in the post where I announced that I'm adding two more links to the sidebar for Illinois Channel and C-Span.

Also check out this website a little more comprehensive history of Illinois government but mainly of the portraits of the Governors of Illinois as well as the state capitols in both Vandalia and Springfield. The Illinois State Capitol website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!