Like & Share

Thursday, September 21, 2006

WVON's 1690 voice clearer, stronger

I didn't blog about this article when I first saw this in the news but I didn't know how to write it up. Now I do.

Remember my story about House of Kicks and how the company that was Soft Sheen once was headquartered there. Today it is a shell of it's former self until, I find out that not only is WVON is getting a stronger signal, but new headquarters away from their current Kedzie Avenue address.

That place was starting to have overgrown weeds and now it looks like someone will utilize the building imagine this a radio station in the heart of the black community. Of course guess how WVON got their stronger signal, an agreement with a radio giant, Clear Channel. And this opens WVON's General Manager Melanie Spann up to charges of selling out.

In any case I urge you to read this article and then you decide. BTW, I was never a listener but if I listen I hope for a good reason to continue listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!