Like & Share

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Ald. Natarus Shouted Down After Insensitive Remark

Ironically enough this was at the meeting among Cook County Democrats to choose their new candidate for Cook County board President. This quote is courtesy of CBS2...

"The delivery of the United States mail stinks," he said. "Of all the places in the United States where African-Americans have an opportunity with benefits and with good pay to do a job, it's the postal service. They have a lock on it. And that's fine. I'm for it. I'm for it. They can have it. I want them to have it. But I want service."

Natarus was explaining his vote for Stroger by blaming Congressman Danny Davis, who sits on a postal committee in Washington, for poor mail service.
Wow, I've always heard that he had a tendency to say the wrong things at the wrong time. This moment was just one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!