Like & Share

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Senator Queen Latifah?

Well since it appears that she has exploded onto the scene in recent years perhaps Queen Latifah might ride this rocket into politics. Check out this report from the Left Coast Report from Newsmax.com. I'd rather hope she wouldn't try it though.

Senator Queen Latifah?

She's a rapper and an actress, but lately Queen Latifah looks as though she may have another career in mind. Dana Owens, Queen Latifah's real name, is perhaps a bit more senatorial.

While in Washington, D.C. to endorse a National Women's Confidence Day, Queen Latifah said, "You know, maybe I'll run for Senate."

After making it in hip-hop and cinema, Queen Latifah has no problem believing she can conquer the political world.

"I have always felt strongly about empowering women. I'm living proof that, with confidence and by believing in yourself, you can accomplish any goal," she explained.
The Left Coast Report wonders how the Queen of Chappaqua feels about a royal rival.

2 comments:

Knightridge Overlook said...

I wouldn't support her against Obama, Durbin, or Feingold, but I'd sure as hell prefer Queen Latifah over Santorum, and Hillary's gone pretty far into right field these days - I'd at least hear out her positions. Coming from a middle-class white dude, I think that says something. In what state would Her Highness be running?

Cynthia said...

This is a nice feel good story. I like The Queen. I would vote for her...

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!