Like & Share

Sunday, May 14, 2006

I just heard something on cable access...

So according to this teacher, Sheila Frazier, who serves on her schools local school council, the Chicago Public Schools has been cited by the Justice Department in 2004 for their lack of complaince with the desegregation order which mandates that the schools not only do schools desegregate but they also have comparable programs across the board. This means that if a school is all black or hispanic, they must have magnet programs or advanced placement programs and so on and so forth. Interesting.

I like to watch Chicago Access Network because I've found good information from there. This made my day.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Although I'm not sure about this whole desegregation issue, I do thinks kids you have equal access to high quality education

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!