Like & Share

Monday, April 17, 2006

Ryan shocker...

The former Governor of Illinois, George Homer Ryan, has just been convicted of all counts in his trial today. I got this news courtesy of a Tribune Alert from my friends at the Chicago Tribune. I haven't followed this case closely but I almost figured he'd get off, I suppose not this time.

As you know Ryan was governor of Illinois from 1999 to 2003. It was during his last few days as governor in 2002 or 2003 that he communted all death row sentences. He was hailed in later years as a death penalty critic. Honestly I doubt his conviction for taking the action that he did as governor, I suppose this verdict can only serve to confirm my doubts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!