Like & Share

Sunday, April 16, 2006

An Oprah quote...

I don't know where this comes from exactly but knowing a little bit about Oprah's background over the years, I'm not surprised that this would be her response. Indeed I'd be disappointed if she didn't respond in that way. Either way it's a good quote and helps my belief that no one should feel guilty about their success.

"I have lots of things, like all these Manolo Blahniks. I have all that and I think it's great. I'm not one of those people like, 'Well, we must renounce ourselves.' No, I have a closet full of shoes and it's a good thing. I was coming back from Africa on one of my trips. I had taken one of my wealthy friends with me. She said, 'Don't you just feel guilty? Don't you just feel terrible?' I said, 'No, I don't. I do not know how me being destitute is going to help them.' Then I said when we got home, 'I'm going home to sleep on my Pratesi sheets right now and I'll feel good about it.' "

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!